For a healthy refreshing take on traditional chicken salad, check this out.
(1) medium to large chicken breast
(2) avocados (ripe and ready)
(2) hard boiled eggs, optional
(1) cup of red onion, diced
(1) corn on the cob, fresh, cooked and remove corn kernels from cob
(1/4) cup fresh Dill
(1/4) cup fresh chives or green onion
(3) tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
(1) fresh lemon
Sea salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, add chicken, diced avocado, eggs, onion, corn, dill, chives, bacon and toss lightly.
In a small bowl, mix olive oil, juice of one half lemon, pepper and salt to taste. I omit the salt in this step as I find it’s too much for me. Pour over contents and toss.
The creaminess of the avocado along with the fresh herbs will not have you missing the mayo!
Also, the egg can be omit but it does add a lot of good flavor.