I am always looking for a way to save on calories and not necessarily taste. Therefore, I am sharing my version of a BBQ Chicken Flat Bread which is just as delicious but less in calories.
For this recipe I use, a Flatout or Foldit slice of flatbread. You can find either of these two in the grocery store. Walmart sells them in a 6 pack for $2.98. It’s two points on the Weight Watchers diet and 90 calories for one.
- (1) Flatout or Foldit
- Favorite BBQ sauce
- (1) one cup of grilled chicken (Trader Joe’s organic chicken is a favorite)
- (1/4) cup of soy based or vegan cheese (any cheese you prefer will work but will add more calories)
- (1/4) cup of diced red onion
- (1/4) cup button mushrooms – raw
- (2) tablespoons of fresh cilantro – chopped
Serving Size: (1)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Take one Flatout (Italian Flavored) and add BBQ sauce. I prefer the Trader Joe’s BBQ sauce but any favorite will work.
- Using a pastry brush swirl around the sauce.
- Next I add a soy based or vegan cheese ever so slightly. Just enoughcheese for taste and texture. For me, cheese adds weight almost immediately to my hips so I use it sparingly.
- Add chicken that had previously been roasted
- Sprinkle red onion
- Add mushrooms
- Sprinkle fresh chopped cilantro
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8-12 minutes depending how crispy you might like your pizza.